So that companies can focus their efforts on production and fabrication management, Weldgin offers them the following services:
• Internal/external welding coordination for companies of the sector.
• Homologation of welding procedures according to specified standards.
• Welding personnel qualifications according to specified standards.
• Advising for choice and optimization of procedures, consumables, materials…
• Welding inspection by both destructive and nondestructive testing, in addition to any kind of inspection at all type of products.
• Qualified welders for sporadic welding operations at customer premises, which avoids the need for the customer had to homologate procedures and employ and train welders for tasks which would be non viable economically on an internal basis.
Adhesive bonding is a joining process complementary to welding but not substitutive.
Adhesive joints present some advantages over welded or mechanical joints that can’t be unnoted for main manufacturers of the sector:
• No heat input with no deformation to substrates
• Lightness of the joint, even for complicated geometries
• Possibility of dissimilar joints with esthetic finishing
• Rigid joints, performing joining and sealing at the same time
• And overall, uniform tensions’ distribution into the joint
But to reach that all these advantages could be exploited it is necessary to combine them with a correct management and realization of all steps to be followed to elaborate the joint.
Weldgin can provide in this way:
• Internal/external coordination for adhesive bonding process
• Realization of adhesive bonding processes
• Training and education of operators applicators
• Advising for joint design, adhesive selection, surface preparation, curing overview and properties determination by tests
Internal and customers requirements could be obtained through the quality optimizing resources. And to optimize resources, Weldgin can help and advise by implantation of standards like:
• EN ISO 9001- Quality• EN ISO 14001- Environment• EN ISO 3834- Welding of metallic materials• EN 15085- Welding of railway vehicles and components• EN 1090- Execution of steel structures• AWS, ASME, CWB • DIN 6701- Adhesive bonding of railway vehicles and vehicle parts